Today is an amazing day for Twii and all our users. Today is the official launch of the Twii Android app built by Nick Jones. This has been a dream since the beginning of Twii and today it's a reality. There is no date set for a iOS App at this time, but we are really wanting to build a iOS version soon.
Click here to download the app. Don't forget to +1 it and give a good rating, it will help others discover it.
We are so thankful to Nick for all his hard work over the last week to allow this app to launch. The app is new and is a work in progress. We built it in a way Facebook and Twitter said was NOT possible. It's built using web standards inside of java and soon will have features unique to the app. But what about the site? Well say hello to version 2.5, It's been almost 5 months since version 2 came out and we are happy with this update. We have not rebuilt the design from the start, but we have rebuilt the background code, and updated the look to be more polished.
"What's so big, it looks like it did before on my computer" you might say. Yes and no, this update was built for mobile first. Here is a list of just SOME of the updates for desktop and mobile.
Desktop and Mobile
- Faster link processing
- Auto reload resources when first load failed
- Auto reload page requests on failure
- Background processes restart on failure
- Larger sidebar links with colour backed icons
- Groups show in sidebar for a week on last activity for quick access
- Updated chat sidebar for full names and status tags
- Chat text input field has been updated
- Help link on the sidebar
- Fixed load more from getting stuck
- Image system shows images with the correct resolution for it's container
- Lower image file size for mobile usage
- Improved CPU logic and background updates for better speeds
- Higer update frequency
- Profile badges header spacing was fixed
- Profile follow and pizza links in new line glitch was fixed
- Feeds are cleaner with wider content by removing unused space
- Search moved into the right menu
- Support for Base64 encoded image upload via the Twii app
- Menus are wider taking the entire width